PicoWay Tattoo Removal 101
Updated: May 7, 2020
Getting a tattoo is a great way to express yourself, your passions, and your interests in life through your body. But what seemed to be a great idea at the time could be something that you’ll eventually regret in the future. If you’re currently experiencing tattoo regret — a common occurrence — then you’ll be happy to know that there is a relatively simple method to permanently remove your unwanted ink.
Though traditional laser tattoo removal sometimes gets a bad reputation for being painful, and can sometimes be shrouded in myths (like that tattoos are difficult to remove altogether), fear not! The way technology is advancing nowadays allows for an easier and safer way to remove a tattoo that no longer resonates with you.
What is the PicoWay Treatment?
The PicoWay Treatment is the latest in laser tattoo removal technology and also perfect for other aesthetic procedures. It utilizes picosecond laser technology, which uses extremely short pulses that target the ink pigment underneath the skin.
A picosend is equivalent to a trillionth of a second, so this type of laser gets the job done faster than traditional laser tattoo removal counterparts. Before the body can produce heat, the particles have already broken into tiny pieces that will eventually be flushed out by the body naturally. This is possible through the adoption of a photoacoustic process, rather than a photothermal one.
This type of treatment has been proven to be more safe and effective, as the lasers go beneath the skin. There’s no effect on the surface, resulting in minimal-to-no scarring. Because there’s no need for any real downtime after a session is done, you can go back to doing your normal activities within a day of treatment.
The PicoWay treatment is an FDA-approved procedure that can effectively remove tattoos no regardless of the tattoo colour or skin colour.
The Procedure and Risks
Tattoo removal using the PicoWay treatment happens over multiple sessions, although many clients have reported seeing a significant difference after the first treatment. One session lasts about 15-to-30 minutes, with following appointments done in 6-to-8 week intervals.
Like any regular laser treatments, side effects such as slight discomfort, pressure, swelling and redness are to be expected. To ease discomfort, you can apply a topical anaesthetic before the procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I go for the PicoWay treatment instead of a traditional laser removal machine?
- The PicoWay treatment is a safer, FDA-approved treatment plan that utilizes picosecond pulses to target ink pigments directly under your skin. This produces a photoacoustic rather than a photothermal effect, which produces less heat and is more effective in removing a tattoo.
How many sessions do I need to remove my tattoo?
- It depends on a number of factors, including the type of tattoo and your own body’s response to the procedure. Multiple treatments would be needed and these are done in 6-to-8 week intervals.
What are the side effects to the PicoWay treatment?
- These can include a bit of discomfort, pressure, redness and swelling in the area. You can apply a topical anaesthetic prior to the procedure.
How much does it cost?
- At Vanish Clinic, we charge a flat fee of $200 per session. We only work on tattoos with a maximum size of 6x6 inches during one treatment, which covers either one big tattoo or a number of smaller designs.
Can anyone use the PicoWay treatment?
- Yes! The PicoWay is FDA approved for all skin types, however coloured ink on skin types 5 and 6 are not able to be treated.
Hi I'm Nicola and I'm the owner of Vanish Clinic. Are you interested in a tattoo removal using the PicoWay treatment? We can help you get that tired tattoo gone with the transformative power of laser!
I'm Trained as a laser technician at the International Laser Academy and having done my research, I knew I had to choose the best, most powerful tool in the industry. PicoWay is just that. Advanced laser treatment for tattoo removal and skin rejuvenation. This is the only laser I want to work with.
Contact me for a free consultation and start by telling me your story.